It’s annoying seeing your email inbox clogged with fundraising appeals. Here’s the thing though—those fundraising appeals are the price we pay for building a people-powered Democratic Party. Here are the facts:
- If regular Americans don’t finance Democratic candidates, then Wall Street will.
- If Wall Street finances the Democratic Party, they own it. See the GOP for proof.
- That’s horrible! It’s bad enough we have Lieberdems and ConservaDems to deal with. At least the Senate has a solid core of new populist Dems to build around, people like Elizabeth Warren and Jeff Merkley and Al Franken and Sherrod Brown. And their numbers are growing by the cycle (Gary Peters in Michigan will be a great addition to that core). Our job is to identify good candidates and build on our successes people with like Wendy Davis, Leticia Van de Putte, Wesley Reed, and Mary Helen Berlanga. We don’t do that if we cede candidate fundraising to Wall Street.
- Having a people-powered, small-dollar funded party means our good candidates have to ask for money from people like you.
Yes, that gets annoying. And yes, it would be nice to not have to deal with it. But what’s more annoying? A Mitch McConnell-run Senate, a Senate dominated by Leiberdem corporatist a**holes, seeing Blake Farenthold returned to Congress, or getting asked for money via email? I certainly know what’s least annoying.
If you don’t like fundraising emails, delete them, unsubscribe, filter them out. There are options. And while all that is more annoying than not getting those emails in the first place, it’s not as annoying as losing the election because we were too prickly to put up with a little discomfort.
We’re trying to win elections and change our country, people. Activism isn’t supposed to be comfortable or easy, particularly when the “discomfort” we’re talking about is a genuine first-world problem (too much email!). That should be the lowest hurdle you need to cross if you want to be an activist working for change.
In any case, if you can’t cross that hurdle, then see you in November, because we’re now focused on doing everything we can to win this November. We’ll be fundraising every day of these final five weeks.
If you can give to the Nueces County Democratic Party’s coordinated campaign, please click here to help out. If you’ve already given, then congrats! You’ve done your part. If you can’t afford to give, but can do other forms of GOTV? Then awesome! You’re doing your part. If you can’t afford to give, can’t do traditional GOTV, but are harrassing your friends and family into registering to vote and voting in important elections, then congrats! You’re doing your part.
Women for Leticia—a grassroots network of women fighting for the values of Texas women in November—is coming to your Corpus Christi!
Leticia Van de Putte has a long record of fighting for Texas women and their families, and she’ll keep up that record as our 42nd lieutenant governor.
Join Women for Leticia as we learn about Sen. Van De Putte and start reaching out to voters on Tuesday, August 26:
Nueces County Democratic Party Unity HQ
823 N Tancahua Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
5:30pm: Doors open
6:15pm: Phonebank w/Free Food & Free Drinks
8:10pm: Special message from Sen. Van De Putte
Please join us for “Cien Por Cien” fundraiser for Senator Leticia Van de Putte
Monday, August 18 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Bleu Bistro & Havana Club
500 N Water St
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
For questions, or to RSVP. contact: email email@example.com, call 210.732.2626, or visit www.leticianvandeputte.com/ecpc0818
Please come and support Augie Rivera for 148th District Judge! Join us for the fun and excitement at the Cotton Club @ Whataburger Field on Thursday, September 4 at 5:15pm!
Thursday, September 4 at 5:15pm – 7:30pm
Cotton Club @ Whataburger Field
734 E Port Ave, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Help end the reign of Loyd Neal. Come support the Fashion Show and Luncheon Fundraiser for Mary Helen Berlanga for Nueces County Judge
- Enjoy fashions by Shannon’s Boutique and La Boutique
- Silent Auction
Admission is $45 per person. Limited Seating.
Email SallyG8@sbcgloal.net or call Clara at 361-688-3640